My First Blog!


My first blog is about my first born.   She is everything I wished I could be at her age; smart, mature, kind, considerate, motivated, focused............Obviously, I could go on and on!  She's home from college and the house feels complete, once more.   Although quite busy, she manages to add her humor and 19 year old perspective on everyday home life.   She is loved, cherished, valued, and one of my most trusted confidants. 

Being 19 is difficult.  There are obstacles, social rules, and social media that I never had to deal with.  There's pressure not only to look great, but to be great.   UGH! 

My message to Maddie and all folks is simple; work on being comfortable in your own skin.   Listen to you heart not just your head.  The right things usually feel right.    Do something good for yourself and someone else -every day.   Stop and smell the roses.   Say a prayer.  Sing loudly in the car.  Tell someone they look nice.  Cheer others on! 

I'd love to hear about your first born.....or second, third, fourth, etc.   How do you teach them to navigate the pressures of social media and life in 2019?   It certainly does take a village! 

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for taking the time to read my first blog.

Comments

  1. Hello!
    Welcome to Blogging!
    Mine are 22, 19, 17, and 9.
    Life goes quickly!
    Have a cozy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Billie Jo! I look forward to reading your blog! I'm so glad I "found" you via Danielle:)

      Delete
  2. Welcome!
    Enjoy.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I look forward to stopping by your blog:)

      Delete

Post a Comment